show / hide sidebar
Privacy & Cookies
At XS-Stock.com Ltd Limited ("XS"), we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you. The XS team members are customers themselves, both of XS and other Internet sites. We therefore fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the Internet.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information. This notice therefore explains:
- What information we collect when you’re using our XS website, or when you’re communicating with us
- • Why we collect that information
- • How we may then use that information
- • How we share that information
- • How long we keep your information, and how we protect it whilst we have it
- • What we won’t do with your information
- • What choice and options you have to control your information.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know, this notice covers all XS-Stock.com Ltd websites and services.
Because we’re an online destination, the wording does have to get a little technical at times. But we’ve done our best to try to explain things as clearly as we can. We’re unlikely to have done this perfectly though, so we’re always happy to take any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this notice. Just contact our Customer Care team if you’d like to discuss this with us.
Our over-arching data principles:
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following over-arching data principles:
- • Your information belongs to you, not us – you should be able to control it, and you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with your information.
- • We will only collect, keep, use and share your information either (a) for genuine business purposes that we’ve explained clearly to you and that you haven’t objected to, or (b) where we’re legally required to do so – and as soon as those purposes have been fully achieved, we will delete your information.
- • We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, so you are informed and able to make decisions to control your information in the ways you’re comfortable with.
- • As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
How do we collect information about you?
- In any interaction you may have with XS-Stock.com Ltd, we collect information in three possible ways:
- 1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, or any time you visit XS-Stock.co.uk, or purchase our products, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes, or clicking on active buttons on our site, like ‘Add to Cart’ or ‘Buy Now’. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- 2. When our systems collect information or data as you use our websites. (“System Collected Data”)
These days, whenever you use a website, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the IT systems necessary to operate that site or service. The same is true when you use our websites. For example:
(b) In addition, the type of device you’re using to access XS-Stock.co.uk and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
What information do we collect about you, why do we collect it and what do we do with it?
We need to answer this question first at the headline level, before looking at specifics.
At the headline level, we collect two types of information:
- • “personally identifiable” information (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you); or
- • “non-personally identifiable” information (meaning it relates to you but can’t be used to specifically identify you i.e. like your device id.
When explaining the specific information we collect about you, we will endeavour to confirm which is “personally identifiable” and which is “non-personally identifiable” on the other.
The easiest way to explain the specific information we collect about you is to look at every different point of interaction you may have with XS-Stock.co.uk, as we collect different information at different points in your user or customer journey with XS-Stock.co.uk. These interaction points include the following:
- Browsing our site
- Registering on XS-Stock.co.uk
- Logging into XS-Stock.co.uk once registered
- Making a purchase from XS-Stock.co.uk (i.e. adding to cart, checking out and completing a purchase)
- Contacting XS-Stock.co.uk Customer Care, either about an order or for any other reason
- Using XS-Stock social media channels
- Clicking on XS-Stock.co.uk banners, hyperlinks or plugins
Set out below is an explanation of what information we collect at each of these interaction points, along with confirmation of (a) whether you directly give it to us, or we collect it with your permission, or whether it is collected by our technical systems; and (b) whether it is “personally identifiable” information or “non-personally identifiable” information:
- The IP address of the computer or the proxy server that you use to access XS-Stock.co.uk – this is personally identifiable information.
- The type of device used to access our Services, your computer operating system details and settings, your type of web browser and your settings for that browser, the name of your ISP, (if you are accessing XS-Stock.co.uk using a mobile device) your mobile device, your mobile operating system, your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, and location data (if you have that functionality set up) and other general device or systems information – this is non-personally identifiable information.
- Statistical information and log data about number of visits to certain pages on the site (e.g. the home page); the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit; the date and time of your visit; the duration of an individual page view, the paths taken by visitors through the site – this is also non-personally identifiable information.
If you are logged in on XS-Stock.co.uk when browsing, a cookie on your device will also identify you, and record and associate all of this non-personally identifiable usage information and log data with your account.
- Registering on XS-Stock.co.uk: In order to place an order with XS, you need to create an account with us and become a registered user. It is possible to place an order without being logged in on XS as you will be classed as a guest. To create an account and register with us, you need to provide us with at least the following Directly Provided Data, all of which will be personally identifiable information:
- • Your name
- • Your address
- • Your email address
- • A password
- • Your mobile phone number
When you create an account and register with us, XS will keep that Directly Provided Data for as long as you are registered with us, so that we can then use it to identify you by your XS profile, to operate all the systems (such as delivery systems) to enable you to place an order to purchase products from XS, to prevent fraud, and to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on XS.
- Logging into XS: Once registered, if you wish to log in, you will need to input your email address and password again, which is Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information. This will be matched to the up-to-date Directly Provided Data of the same type associated with your account to confirm your identity, and to enable you to place an order to purchase products from XS.
- Purchasing from XS: To purchase products from XS, you will need to do the following:
- Click the relevant button on the site to add the product(s) to your cart – at which point our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to the identity, size and other product attributes of the item(s) you’ve added, so the item(s) can then be displayed in your ‘Cart’ until the end of that visit. This is non-personally identifiable information.
- Be logged in (see above for an explanation of the information required to do that)
- Select certain options relating to the delivery of the products you wish to order – our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to your delivery selections in order to be able to fulfil and deliver your products to you by your required delivery method, should you complete your order. This is non-personally identifiable information.
- Input certain details relating to your credit card, or log-in details for certain other payment systems, such as PayPal. This Directly Provided Data will be collected by our systems, so we can take the required payment for the products you wish to purchase, should you complete your order. These details are personally identifiable information.
- To complete your order, you finally need to click the relevant button to ‘Place Order’. When we have this Directly Provided Data, we will record the full details of the completed order in our systems for as long as you are registered with us, so we can (a) fulfil and deliver your order, (b) add it to your order history and have a record of your purchases in order to deal with any queries you may have or process any returns you may wish to make, and (c) include it within the financial records of our business transactions. This is all personally identifiable information provided by you.
- Contacting XS Customer Support: If you contact our customer support team for any reason (for example when you submit a question using the Contact Us Form or if you communicate with us on Live Chat), irrespective of which of the available communication channels you use to contact us, we will record the contact and collect all applicable information relating to the contact. Details of the contact with you will be both Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information, which we will then:
- Keep and use to help us categorise your specific question or contact, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate, deal with and resolve any issue or incident.
- Keep for as long as you are registered with us so we have a history of all of our communications with you, any issues you may have had with us, and what we did to resolve those issues or incidents, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately.
- Using or interacting with XS social media channels: When you use or interact with any of our social media channels (like Facebook and Twitter), we may collect, record and retain certain System Collected Data and User Authorised Data regarding your activities on those social media channels, such as the frequency of your visits. For example, if you choose to use the Facebook “like” button to indicate you like any of our pages or apps, or if you tag any of your social media contacts or link to them in any content you post, we will record this information. This is most likely to be non-personally identifiable information but may also include personally identifiable information depending upon your settings on those channels.
Any content you put or add onany of our social media channels will be Directly Provided Data, which may be personally identifiable information depending upon the content. We will collect, record and use that content and any other information you provide when putting or adding it to any of our social media channels (including any information that you have permitted those social media channels to share with us or that is allowed by your user settings on those sites).
Finally, any additional information about you that you need to provide when you use a particular social media channel or app will be explained in the terms and conditions for that app.
- Clicking on XS emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins: if you view or click on emails that we have sent you, or on banners, hyperlinks or plugins we have placed on our website or other websites, both the fact that you have done so, as well as the address of the site you were on when you did so, will be Directly Provided Data that we will record. This is all non-personally identifiable information. We will use this information to track and analyse how successful those emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins are in engaging with you.We are constantly innovating to improve XS and the Services, which means we may create new ways to collect information from you. If we do, we’ll tell you about any new information we are collecting through updates to this notice.
What about cookies?
- (1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
- (2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- (3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on XS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- (4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete XS user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
How may we use your information?
We collect all of this information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand – all of these purposes apply wherever XS does business, including countries outside your own. A number of specific uses for specific data is already detailed above. But we often need to use lots of different types of information or data collectively in order for XS to work and in order to be able to provide the Services to you. These more fundamental purposes include the collective use of your information:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so - for example by providing you with more customised services and a more customised experience on XS through things like language-specific profile pages, updates, and content, news, style advice and/or recommendations relevant to you to customise your experience on XS.
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you, so we can make sure that the items you order get to you (and get there on time!), so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account, so we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you – basically, this relates to the nuts and bolts of our online retail business. It’s everything involved in putting the products on the website, so you can browse them and then order them, and so we can then deliver them to you and answer any questions or queries you may have. These are all the things that make XS tick – and that get you the product of your choice!
- To ensure that our users are genuine and to ensure that we are paid for goods that we despatch – for example, by using personal information, or disclosing that personal information to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, in order to confirm your identity and conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Any such credit reference or fraud prevention agency may keep a record of that information but please note that a formal credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers - if you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post, telephone and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties. This includes if you choose to use the Facebook “like” button to indicate you like any of our pages or apps. Examples of these communications include: (1) welcome and engagement communications - informing you about how to best use XS-Stock.co.uk, new features etc.; (2) promotional communications, including details of our latest sale or promotion. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences as selected by you in relation to your account. Please keep your settings up to date or contact our Customer Care team if you wish to change any of these preferences, including unsubscribing from our mailing list.
- To send services communications about things like service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of XS Websites. You may/will receive service messages even if have unsubscribed from our mailing list because they usually contain important information about your account, security or the Services which we need to make you aware of. You cannot opt out of service messages for this reason.
- To target XS banners and ads to you when you’re on certain other websites (what’s called Digital Marketing Re-targeting) – we do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, and the banners and ads you will see will be based on your previous use of XS (for example, your XS search history, the content you read on XS-Stock.co.uk, etc.) or on XS banners or ads you’ve previously clicked on.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better etc, - these polls, surveys, analysis and research may be conducted by XS, or third parties. XS or those third parties may follow up with you via email regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving email messages. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in polls, surveys, analysis or research, and verifying your contact information, which may require your contact information and other personally identifiable information to be provided to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer.
- To make XS’s products and services better and to develop new ones - XS uses and stores site statistical information and log data, to help it identify potential areas to improve the services we offer.
You have the right to a Subject Access Request which is requesting a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
3 Brewster Place,
Riverside Business Park,
We will compile the information for you and send within 1 calendar month of receiving your request
You also have the right to be forgotten. This means that all data held by XS-Stock.com Ltd and any Third-party provider that XS-Stock.com Ltd have had need to pass your data to will be informed.